Thursday, July 3

PRE-ALBANY TIDBITS . . .

C just told me I am fake, contrived, boring, cliche, stupid and repetitive. He is such an a**hole sometimes.

***

What exactly are the ill effects of falling asleep breathing in wood varnish and waking up with a raging headache?

***

What should I buy for long-car-ride food? I'm really craving a burrito, but burritos and driving don't mix so well, I've discovered.

***

In hindsight, I think it's really weird that raspberry mousse cake was on the dessert menu at a Russian restaurant. Is there something I'm missing, or is dessert universal?

***

Well, I'm off to spend the next couple of days with Hooch and her man in Albany. I suppose I should have more respect for our state's capital, but . . . it's Albany. Feh. The chic-chic wedding on Friday should more than make up for it -- totally looking forward to that shindig . . .

***

Gotta make it back to the real New York in time for the Yankees-Red Sox game on Saturday. I shall be attending merely to babysit C, JW and JC. THAT should be interesting. Note to self: (1) must prepare external body armor so as to ward off crazy drunk Boston fans (where do they come from, anyway?!), and (2) must prepare internal body armor so as to ward off the expected taunts and low-blows from my own compadres. Oh, the anticipation is killing me . . .

No comments: