Friday, October 3

TANKED AND WINNING . . .



Hooch and I had decided that my Thursday evening -- cold, windy, Division Series Home Game 2 at Yankee Stadium -- would proceed on one of three levels of a 3-point gauge:

1. I would be tanked and the Yankees would be winning: best-case scenario. I wouldn't even feel the cold.
2. I would be tanked and the Yankees would be losing: all-around bad. I would be cold, pissed and probably belligerent.
3. I would be not tanked and the Yankees would be losing: all-around horrible. I probably would have had to leave the game early, cold and pissed.

Thankfully, the first scenario played itself out beautifully, although the tankedness wore off by the 7th inning or so. Of course, we sat within 50 feet of a pole (the flag pole in the left-field bleachers, this time), but there was a negligible amount of Twins fans in our section, and I was in good company, so it was all good.



4-1, final score; series tied 1-1. See yous in Minnesota.

No comments: