Tuesday, September 21

HIGHLIGHTS . . .

CHIP AND KIM WON "THE AMAZING RACE"!!!!!!! WAHOO! Dang, they deserved it. Everywhere they went, they were in mostly good humor, they LOVED that they were there, they APPRECIATED the opportunities they had to see amazing things and do amazing things, and they LAUGHED their way through the competition. They were so chill and NOT satanic like Colin or whiny like Nicole. Dang, I'm so glad.

***

FORE! . . .

A lovely appointment with Omma, and one perfect long drive. I can dig it ...

***

I DID IT . . .

Dinner conversation with Omma, telling her about some things going on lately and some insights I've had, and she says "I think you have truly matured and grown up and have an adult perspective on things. Good job. You are ready for life now." You could not have imagined the size of my cheeky grin.

***

MY HEART BLEEDS FOR ME . . .

Due to my bizarre (and not totally welcome, in light of its weirdness and inexplicability) weight loss, half of the suits and pants I purchased over the years, while ten pounds (or more) heavier, no longer fit. In fact, half of that half hasn't fit properly for the last three years, since I graduated law school and started eating like a normal person and ceased drinking alcohol like it was water (or rather, a painkiller). So what to do? Does she go out and buy all new suits and pants? Does she get these 6 year+ ones tailored at high cost? Does she donate and take a tax deduction? Does she hold onto them in case she gains 15 pounds back? Please don't make me shop. I hate shopping for suits and pants ... it's worse than being stuck in a room with satanic Colin and whiny Nicole. Oh, would that J.Crew pants and shipping were free ...

No comments: