Friday, November 19

SECOND VERSE, SAME AS THE FIRST . . .

Okay, so it ain't the sadly-defunct Friday Five, but it'll do. Thanks to Friday Favorites, we can have the tradition live on ... here's last and this week's:

LAST WEEK ...
What is your favorite...
1. ...currently airing television show?
Hands down, it has to be the original "CSI:." It is the one show that I MUST watch every week, no matter what, and it always, ALWAYS, holds my limited attention span to the fullest. (N.B.: "CSI: Miami," "The West Wing," "The Amazing Race," and "Without a Trace" follow VERY closely behind.)

2. ...television show of all time? Eeep, I might be really embarrassed admitting this, but it's gotta be "Little House on the Prairie."

3. ...television show that got cancelled? Cancelled? Ended? It's hard to tell the difference sometimes. I'm going to go with recent memory and say "Friends." Yes, its time had run, but still. It was a reliable Thursday night date.

4. ...movie that you wish would be made into a television series? "Pride and Prejudice", the BBC version starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I would love, love, LOVE to see those folks on television every week.

5. ...television show that should be made into a feature movie? "Little House on the Prairie," and I'm not talking about those silly and vapid little made-for-TV movies either, like the one where the blind school blew up. Remember that? I know you do ...

THIS WEEK ...
What is your favorite...
1. ...classic (old) movie?
Errr ... I don't think I've watched enough "classic" movies to give an educated answer, but of my limited selection, I shall choose ... an even tie between "Roman Holiday" and "The Philadelphia Story."

2. ...comedy movie? "Bring It On." Do you even have to ask?

3. ...action movie? I can't remember the last 'action' movie I watched. Does the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy count?

4. ...drama movie? "The Godfather." Didn't even think about that one.

5. ...movie of all time? Okay, more embarrassment ... "The Sound of Music." It evokes memories of the holiday season, my family wrapped up in blankets in front of the TV, bad voice-overs done in the Korean version (with everything but the songs dubbed into Korean -- hilarious!), flannel pajamas, home-cooked meals, and a time when things were just ... simpler.

No comments: