Wednesday, November 24

STUFFED . . .

Baking be done.

In the span of fifty-two minutes, I created the batter for a two-layer pumpkin-nutmeg cake; slid the two pumpkin-nutmeg cake pans in the oven; washed the dishes; de-seeded one very large and juicy pomegranate; drained a can of mandarin oranges in light syrup; baked the pie crust for the pecan pie; made the pecan pie filling; took the pie crust out of the oven to cool; washed the dishes; whipped up the cream cheese-orange zest frosting for the pumpkin-nutmeg cake; washed the dishes; took the pumpkin-nutmeg cakes out of the oven to cool; filled the cool pie crust with the pecan pie filling; slid the pie into the oven; washed the dishes; flipped the pumpkin-nutmeg cakes out of their pans to cool; washed the dishes.

After I watch the first half of "The West Wing," I shall frost the top only of one pumpkin-nutmeg layer cake; place the second layer on top; frost the top only of this layer; then top the frosting with a ring of mandarin oranges filled in with pomegranate seeds. I am this close to having my cake look exactly like the photograph in the magazine. AWESOME.

I feel very accomplished and good about myself tonight.

No comments: