Thursday, April 28

AWWWW . . .

Dang, I love my parents so much. They are so damn funny.

***

CAUSE FOR CONCERN . . .

Calling all doctors (and wannabes, because I know there's lots of you out there too): diagnose and cure me, please.

On Sunday morning, I did a difficult power yoga routine for an hour. Much stretching and balancing was involved. I felt great afterwards, if a bit perspirational.

On Sunday afternoon, I went running and walking on a really comfortable, bouncy high school track for about 2.5 miles. It felt great except it was really freakin' cold outside and I caught a chill. I stretched in the cold afterwards, then again at home that night when I was a tad warmer.

On Tuesday after work, I was feeling a bit better in the lungs, so I went for a run and walk on a paved trail near my home. I wore long pants this time, so I felt the coolness hardly at all. I stretched before and after, and drank plenty of water, and had a hearty dinner later on.

On Wednesday evening, after care group had ended and the masses had gone home, I sat on my couch and realized: I have no feeling in my left leg and foot.

This is not normal, is it?

I tried stretching. I tried massaging my leg and foot. I tried drinking more water. I tried elevating the leg and foot. I tried sleeping on my right side. I tried sleeping on my left side. I tried sleeping on my back, then on my stomach. I slept hardly at all last night. I tried removing my shoes at work. I tried rotating my ankles and stretching and doing desk yoga. I tried not to cross my legs or sit in cross-legged position as I worked throughout the day.

And now, I stretched again, I drank more water, I straightened my legs and am resisting the comforting urge to sit on my feet as I normally do.

My left foot is still numb, particularly along the outer edge. I can stab myself in the pinky toe and feel nothing. It reminds me of an episode of "Little House on the Prairie," and I wonder if my TV history is coming back to haunt me.

My hip joint feels fine. My knees are hurting, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. My ankle does not hurt. My foot does not hurt. Nothing is swollen. Nothing is red or inflamed. Nothing hurts. I just can't feel anything. Occasionally, the left foot tingles, as it's doing now. But even the tingling is vague; I can't really feel anything. It's just numb.

Just tell me true, doctors and wannabes: am I going to lose my leg?

No comments: