Friday, July 8

MOVING FORWARD . . .

It's a blessing and a curse, methinks, that time keeps moving forward, and thus, it is once again, Friday ...

What is your favorite:

1. …romantic novel?
Alright, I'm going to admit it: I have a very soft spot in my heart, still, for the very first Danielle Steele novel I ever read: Remembrance. I can barely remember the plot now, but it had something to do with true loves being torn apart at every turn, a Nazi who was actually a good man on the inside, a woman forced to follow her head instead of her heart, and an ultimate reunion of two people who were always meant to be together. Before I realized that Danielle Steele can't write to save her life, this book tugged every single string in my young teenage heart, and made me hope in true love.

2. …romantic movie? It's a total tie between "Pride and Prejudice" (the 6-hour BBC version starring dreamy Colin Firth) and "The Sound of Music." I love surly angry men who are overcome by love in the end.

3. …romantic dinner? The prix fixe at One if By Land, Two if By Sea. Perhaps it's a bit overdone. Perhaps the rose at every table is a bit cliche. Perhaps the attentive service is a bit too attentive. Perhaps it's hyped up by too many people too often. But it still rocks my world.

4. …romantic date? Hand in hand, walking anywhere, everywhere, discovering new things, peering in at shop windows, giggling at the petite dog walking by wearing a dog sweater, learning new things about each other, gazing at artwork, sharing a dirty water dog, sitting in companionable silence next to each other whilst people watching and just being happy.

5. …romantic vacation? I haven't gone on a truly romantic vacation yet, but of the places I'd been to, I'd most love to take my love to a weekend on Block Island or Bar Harbor.

No comments: