Sunday, October 22

BLIZZARD . . .

Oh my gosh, I am so, so, so tired right now. And this is just the beginning. Just when I think I can put my feet up, I find myself facing a whirlwind season all over again. Do they still make Calgon? And where might it take me?

***

GRUMPOLA . . .

Things that frustrated me today:

1. People who don't know what's missing in their lives, and therefore don't make any effort to fill the void with good and right things.

2. People who think they know everything about something, and assume that others ascribe to the same philosophy ... without asking to see if they're just taking up space.

3. The slow progression of things, which seems to either (a) just make me crazy, and/or (b) just lay the groundwork for future confusion and muck.

4. Folks who know exactly what's wrong with themselves, but make no discernible effort to change.

5. Food boredom. My refrigerator is stocked but I can't seem to find a single thing to eat. I feel horrible that in the face of all the people starving and malnutritioned in this world, I have the wicked gall to be bored with the contents of my fridge.

6. The fact that some wonderful and significant and true things were spoken ... and the people I wish would hear it weren't around to hear it.

7. My constant nasal congestion -- it forces me to become the dreaded Mouth Breather.

8. Those who are alleged to have a good heart and right intentions, but just end up expressing themselves harshly, meanly, critically, judgmentally, and selfishly.

***

NOT GRUMPOLA . . .

But of course, that was only half the day. There are also things that made me joyful today:

1. Sitting with a brother.

2. Receiving gobs of God's goodness from The Boy Band.

3. Productivity.

4. Hearing hearty laughter after an embarrassing moment. It's good to be around people who can healthily laugh at themselves. Send me a postcard; tell me about your trip, won't you?

5. A wide awake Pork Bun chugging formula in my arms, then nuzzling himself to sleep on my shoulder.

6. My warm worm.

7. Inside jokes brought into the open. Makes the secret less burdensome.

8. The prospect of a good night's rest, covered by grace and a heavy Korean faux-mink blanket.

No comments: