Friday, February 14

Hmmm... Now that I've begun, I hardly know what to say, and I'm not normally one who is at a loss for words. Also, I have slight paranoid tendencies - not in a manic, needing-therapy kind of way (though I'm a firm believer in therapies), but in a "if I reveal myself, will someone use it against me" kind of way - so I surprise myself with this new little project I've undertaken...

However, I've been inspired by my little brother (well, not so little, I suppose), and I have too much random stuff going on inside my hamster-wheel brain to NOT let out, so I will take it upon myself to share it all with you, in the hopes that I can at least amuse you ... or give you something to do other than work, study, pay attention in class.

Enjoy!

And, once again, taking inspiration from my bro:

10 years ago, I...
1. was a freshman in college
2. accordingly weighed 15 pounds more than I do now (thank you, Dynasty)
3. thought I wanted to work for the UN

5 years ago, I...
1. was a paralegal in the Manhattan DA's Office (GO, APPEALS)
2. was studying for the LSATs ("serenity now!")
3. gearing up for a dear friend's wedding - she was only 24!

1 year ago, I...
1. was preparing to be sworn in to the New York State Bar and the Southern District of New York
2. was making friends and becoming involved at my church
3. was afraid to fly for the first time after 9-11

Yesterday, I...
1. took care of my sick mom
2. watched 2 taped episodes of Buffy, Season 4: "Pangs" and "Something Blue" (see Buffy)
3. chatted with the mom of my best friend from high school, whom I haven't seen/spoken to in YEARS

Today, I...
1. had a margarita with lunch
2. sang lots of disco songs in a cat voice with my coworker ("we got the funk...")
3. prayed for my coworker who is going through some stressful times

Tomorrow, I...
1. have Praise Team practice - I love to sing!
2. am taking my mom to The Container Store for her first visit ever
3. will watch more Buffy reruns
4. will probably think about what else I want to/need to say on my blog...

5 top locations I'd like to run away to...
1. New Zealand, but only if Legolas is there to show me around
2. a hiking spa in British Columbia
3. Bar Harbor, Maine
4. San Francisco (never been)
5. Taos, New Mexico

5 things I'd do with $1000...
1. Give it to my parents
2. Pay for my parents' anniversary golf trip
3. Invest it
4. Give it to breast cancer research
5. OK, I'll admit it: SHOP FOR CLOTHES and MAKEUP I will never use and BOOKS I will

5 bad habits I have...
1. picking at my lips
2. being judgmental before knowing what I'm judging
3. being unnecessarily argumentative... but I'm a LAWYER!
4. road rage
5. being contrary just for the sake of being contrary

5 TV shows I like...
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. CSI
3. Law & Order (and L&O: SVU)
4. Good Eats (on the Food Network)
5. Will & Grace

5 biggest joys at the moment...
1. I love my job!!!!
2. I'm reading a great series of books by Sharon Kay Penman
3. My car is out of the shop (after my first, and hopefully last, minor car accident)
4. New treadmill at home! Now I just have to USE it...
5. My church friends - and one of them is having a baby in August!

No comments: