Friday, February 28

Oh, the things you'll find whilst surfing the television channels . . .
Do all you New York residents receive the MetroTV channel? If so, then be sure not to miss "To Live and Date in New York" and "Bridezillas."

"To Live and Date in New York": follow young women in their pursuit of love in a city where women outnumber men 3 to 1. It occurs to me that there is a very good reason the women featured have a hard time in this pursuit.

"Bridezillas": follow brides in the last months, weeks and days leading up to their respective dream weddings. Any marriage in which the prospective groom has to wonder to himself (on television!), "Why am I marrying her again?" is not off to a good start, I'd say.

Disclaimer: I watch these shows not for selfish enjoyment, disdainful amusement or a feeling of moral and emotional superiority. I am merely conducting my own private sociological study. Yes, that's it.

No comments: