Monday, February 17

We are completely snowed in. Completely. We're referring to the snowfall in FEET; inches fell by the wayside hours ago. I thought I was totally sick of snow by now - it has snowed several times this winter, and it got drearier each time. But the novelty of feet and feet of snow hasn't worn off, I guess, and there's something fascinating about the concept of the world - my immediate world, anyway - utterly shutting down. It's comfortably silent outside, the 3-foot drifts of snow muffling any sound that any activity might make. But then again, there is no activity. One can't go anywhere because the roads aren't anywhere close to passable. Even if one could manage to get the car running, there's no place to go. On this shopper's paradise of a sale day, NOTHING is open. Instead, it just keeps . . . snowing. I feel cozy, and not restless - yet.

It helps that CourtTV is running a marathon of old "Profiler" episodes (check out Profiler)...

No comments: