Monday, March 10

DREAMS OF WAR
Don't take that the wrong way.

Last night, I dreamt that Iraqi warplanes attacked Manhattan and fought an air battle with the U.S. Air Force over New York City. Our planes looked like big fat military-green sausages with propellers attached to them. The Iraqi warplanes looked like big silver hunch-backed beetles or zeppelins -- like something out of the old Star Wars movies. The shots that were fired between the planes looked like the fake laser shots in old video games like Centipede. "Bbyoo-bbyoo! Bbyoo-bbyoo!" There was chaos all around us with Manhattanites streaming out of apartment and office buildings, running shrieking through the streets. The friends I was with in this dream, however, all huddled behind our friend JC, who was watching the sky warily with his hands held high and murmuring "Wait... wait... wait..." (Anyone see "Minority Report"? See: the scene with the balloon man.)

Then I was sitting in a stopped subway car, shielding myself from possible attack by two rabid Labrador retrievers that were running amok through the train. Luckily for me, the two pups were chasing a screaming blond woman, and they were running in circles -- in one door of the car, out the other, in one door, out the other. The woman made no other effort to get away -- she persisted in entering through one door, exiting through the other. At one point, one of the dogs became distracted and started coming at me. I threw some Kleenex tissues over my shoulder towards the blond woman (who was still running and being chased by the other dog) and the distracted dog got back on track, thank goodness.

Then, finally, I was sitting in the same subway car, now moving uptown, and I was with the same friends who had been "waiting" above, and we were going to get coffee at Cafe Lalo. Go figure.

I need Swoon to help me out on this one... Or I need to stop eating dinner so late.

No comments: