Tuesday, March 11

File this one under YOUR TAX DOLLRS HARD AT WORK.

I just HAVE to RANT about this, and in true type-A fashion, I'm going to rant via a list:
1. Our nation's leaders have NOTHING BETTER TO DO RIGHT NOW than make up stupid names for fried foods?!
2. They call France "our so-called ally" now, but just wait until WE need something (read: $$$) and see how fast these knuckleheads are groveling . . . It's so typical that these Representatives would forget decades of partnership and alliance and throw a hissy fit over one disagreement. How very Dubya-like (the hissy fit, I mean).
3. I'm waiting for them to call on New York to return the Statue of Liberty. Poor girl . . . the only thing she ever did was probably welcome these men's ancestors into this country.
4. If they're so offended by French fries and French toast, then THEY SHOULD STOP EATING THEM.
5. While they're at it, they should also give up French wine, French cheese, French-designed clothing (so long, YSL & Prada; I hardly knew ye), French terry robes, French dressing, french kissing (bonus points to Hooch for that input), etc.
6. GOD FORBID SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH US.
7. Tom DeLay says that "[France has] isolated themselves pretty well," but from here, it doesn't look like France is the one quickly losing friends in the world . . .
8. What the heck kind of significant statement is THIS: "[O]nce the French government comes around we can get back to talking about french fries"?!?!?! When did international relations and fast-food side orders become equally compelling topics of diplomatic discussion? Did I mention how proud I am of our leaders' ability to really focus on the important things going on in the world right now, and their weighty eloquence in public speaking? It warms the increasingly-left-wing cockles of my formerly-centrist heart.
9. Gawd, they're just potatoes.
10. I suppose I have no real need to rant because the French Embassy truly had the last laugh, for their only response has been to note that french fries actually come from Belgium.

I am so disgusted with the Representatives involved in this stoopid scheme to feel better about themselves. More disgusted than I am with Married By America . . . although said disgust won't preclude me from tuning in next Monday night.

No comments: