Wednesday, March 12

I am so stressed out at work right now. At the risk of giving away too much information about myself (see my first post re: extreme paranoia and potential loss of potential future government employment), allow me to inform you that I am a federal judicial law clerk and I write things . . . lawyerly things . . . things that use big words and impossible concepts . . . things that depend on pretty underlined headings and perfectly Blue-Booked citations . . . things that impact people and cases and decisions and occasionally make new law. Well, I personally haven't done that last one yet, but it's in the realm of law clerk possibility. And right now, I'm mired in a nightmare of an assignment: pro se parties, incompletely educated attorneys, multiple issues, lots of balancing tests, untried legal territory, and much incoherence and decided LACK of pretty underlined headings and perfectly Blue-Booked citations. Sigh and double-sigh. I'm taking off my shoes.

That is why I always turn to the New York Times updated Associated Press stories.
Because everyone loves a good animal story.

Flee, monkeys, flee!

And may you never have to decide a summary judgment motion, EVER.

No comments: