Wednesday, June 25

LA, LA, LA . . .

(Speaking of: 29 days until L.A.!)

Yesterday, I challenged Hooch to compile a list of her Top-10 Favorite Songs of All Time, never thinking she would turn the challenge around on me. Here's her list . . .

Fragile (Sting)
What Would You Say (Dave Matthews Band)
Steppin Out (Joe Jackson)
Landslide (Stevie Nicks)
Peg (Steely Dan)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
1983 (John Mayer)
Who Can It Be Now (Men at Work)
Dude Looks Like A Lady (Aerosmith)
Golden Lady (Stevie Wonder)

And produced under duress and much agonizing, here's my list, in no particular order:

Landslide (Stevie Nicks)
Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson)
Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
Hammer and a Nail (Indigo Girls)
Verdi Cries (10,000 Maniacs)
Pride (In the Name of Love) (U2)
Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
Say Goodbye (Dave Matthews Band)
Live to Tell (Madonna)
Nightswimming (R.E.M.)

I reserve the right to change this list at any time, given that I have 33 back-up favorite songs of all time . . .

Reading: Cold Mountain, by Charles Frazier
Listening to: Waiting For My Rocket to Come, Jason Mraz

No comments: