Friday, August 8

I LOVES ME MY FRIDAYS . . .

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? L.A., baby! Man, they are weird out there . . .

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling? Well, there was that whole JetBlue experience, with the ridiculous people sitting across the row from me . . . then there was the time that I came down with acute appendicitis in Seoul, Korea, but my parents didn't want to put me in a Korean hospital so my uncle -- a doctor -- put me on an IV drip for 24-hours to get my fever down and reduce the infection until I could get back to the States . . . and then there was the time I was doing a cultural exchange in Moscow and I couldn't find the toilet paper dispenser in my host family's bathroom, so I sat there on the can for several minutes wondering what to wipe with . . .

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? I would like to spend as much time as possible -- before I get bored and/or homesick and/or desperately craving kimchi -- in the Pacific Northwest, hiking, learning to rock-climb, and basically strolling through nature and breathing in clean air and eating good food . . . and going for massages in the evenings. Then I want to head up to Alaska and do more of the same. I'm not a big, adventurous, go-somewhere-far-just-to-go-somewhere-far kind of gal. Close to home but still explorable is good enough for me.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car? Plane, because I love airports and almost everything about them. Train, because I can look out the window and actually see a view. Car, because I'm in control, baby! And I can stop for McDonald's french fries whenever I want.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit? Bahamas, baby! Even if it's just me and Mrs.G. All you other suckas better get your act together soon!

No comments: