Tuesday, October 7

THE RANDOMIZER STRIKES AGAIN . . .

I thought I'd share as I wait for my lunch to arrive . . . I can't wait for the upcoming long weekend. I am bone tired -- not necessarily in a bad way, but still in a needing-sleep kind of way. There's been lots going on inside and outside of me lately, and as this is a season of change -- for me, my job, my future, my friends and family -- I know I'm going to have to take some time to be by myself and rest and recharge and re-evaluate. This weekend will be good for that. I'll hang out with friends, watch some baseball, perhaps go apple-picking, play with babies, regroup at church, watch more baseball Sunday night, sleep in a bit on Monday and spend the day lolling about. It's going to be fabulous . . .

***

Autumn always makes me pensive. And I just wanted to say that I had a really amazing summer. It was so full of fun, laughter, hysterical laughter, events, driving around, enjoyment, more hysterical laughter, true friends. I don't think the fall, winter, spring, next summer will really be all that different, but it's nice to look back and realize that my life was, and is, pretty damn blessed.

***

There are too many things I want to do . . . go to Italy and live in a villa for the summer while hiking every morning and taking cooking classes every afternoon . . . go hiking and kayaking in British Columbia . . . run another 5k race -- maybe the Revlon Walk/Run in May . . . fall madly and passionately in love with The One . . . buy my own tiny house and do it up nice . . . take one of those small Alaskan cruises where you can kayak right out the back of the ship . . . go to cooking school . . . get a PhD . . . be a secret government agent . . . learn to fly a plane . . . bungee-jump . . . write a book. Where do I start?! And who wants to fund me?

No comments: