Saturday, November 22

FRIDAY FIVE . . . ON SATURDAY . . .

Errrr, a mere day late, but here it is:

1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
- re-master the baking of the uncracked, undemolished, totally intact, totally (moist) bundt cake
- find and start processing the purchase of my new home away from home
- read all the stinkin' books that are languishing on my book shelf: "My Dearest Friend;" "Common Nonsense;" "School Girls;" "The Motley Fool's Guide to Investing;" "Liar's Poker;" "The Autograph Man;" "Nine Innings;" "The Life of Elizabeth I;" "The Adams-Jefferson Letters;" et al.
- find inner peace
- start to be a better friend to my friends

2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
- KSC, my junior prom date (I am sooo cheesy but it's actually C's fault for bringing up this topic!)
- CO, my childhood "best friend" and fellow attorney
- DR, my high school "best friend" and I don't know what he's doing now
- EMS, my college partner in crime, and now mother of two
- RSL, my fellow high school lazy sh*t -- we did a lot of nothing together, but it was SO FUN!

3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
- speak Spanish, Russian, Japanese and Italian fluently
- (gulp!) snowboard
- go on peacemaking missions ... and be successful
- shoot a gun
- ballroom dance

4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).
- send my parents on a world-wide golf getaway extravaganza
- put Cheech through medical school
- buy lots of books, spa services and Ruths' Chris steak dinners
- buy a home and not worry about the stinkin' mortgage payments
- feed children, build homes, find cures for HIV/AIDS and breast cancer, supply New York City public schools, empower the Asian-American community

5. List five things you do that help you relax.
- drive
- run and yoga
- read
- spend time with those I love most, whether at home, at someone else's home, on IM, in a car, wherever
- and of course, SLEEP

No comments: