Friday, January 30

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY . . .

No, seriously. It's been a long week, a stressful week, a week of ups and downs and big highs and super lows, a week of doubts and insecurities, a week of extreme happinesses and new experiences. And I'm glad it's over. Sometimes, I could handle a bit of bordeom and emotional steadiness. But to help me achieve that perfect state of non-Zen Zen, I give you another survey, courtesy of TinyCricket, the Giver of All Cheesy Surveys I Love Because They Help Me Waste Time:

I am: an enigma, baby!
I think: too much, and not always productively.
I know: that I am loved.
I want: it all, but mostly right now, a condo.
I have: almost all of it. =)
I wish: things were just a little bit clearer, a little bit easier, a little bit better timed, a little bit more secure and a little bit more manageable.
I hate: crazy drivers who weave in and out of traffic and almost clip parts of my Good Girl.
I miss: the summer and the people I want to see the most.
I fear: ending up alone.
I feel: pensive, insecure, happy, excited, slightly headache-y, slightly bloated, hungry and eager.
I hear: my coworkers chatting and my space heater blowing.
I smell: nothing in particular.
I crave: Thai food and a bottle of red wine, shared with a beloved friend.
I search: for the best bargains anywhere, at all times. Because most of it just ain't worth it.
I wonder: about my life ten years from now.
I love: God and all my beloveds.
I always: brush and floss.
I can't: stand having everything you want right within reach, but still be not quite have-able.
I dance: like a dork on purpose to make people laugh, especially during praise team practice. Nothing like a good hoedown to get you going!
I sing: even when it's time to stop.
I cry: at everything, because of everything, for everything.
I win: the occasional game of Scrabble.
I lose: weight during the summer months.
I confuse: my friends with the random and winding thoughts that spew forth from my brain to my mouth and onwards.
I can usually be found: wedged into a corner of a sofa with Bob the Laptop or a good book.
I am scared: of losing people I love.
I need: a massage ... today ... everyday.
I am happy about: the people in my life, the job I have, the church I attend, and the fact that the sun is shining today.
I expect: kindness, success and productive deeds from myself, understanding and care from my friends, unconditional love and support from my family, great and amazing things from NHF and its members, respect and consideration from my colleagues, an end to racist and sexist jokes thrown in my face from people who should really know better, Cheech to be a great doctor who does the world a lot of good, miracles from God, and a juicy flavorful steak tomorrow night with some kick-ass side dishes and a smooth bottle of wine to wash it all down.

***

AND OF COURSE . . .

Your Friday Five:

You have just won one million dollars:
1. Who do you call first? Cheech.

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself? A stack of all the books I've ever wanted to own and/or read. I know ... such a nerd.

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else? A retirement condo for my parents, somewhere warm but not too warm, and near a golf course but not too near.

4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? Of course! I can't take it with me when I kick it, you know. UNICEF, American Red Cross, Cheech's medical school fund, The Fresh Air Fund, AALDEF, Susan G. Komen Foundation, NPR and NHF with the provision that it be used to find us a new home!

5. Do you invest any? If so, how? Always: my UPromise account could use a little boost, as could my IRA. I'm too afraid of playing the market, but maybe if I find a broker I can trust ... and real estate, baby! It's all about real estate!

No comments: