Monday, February 23

QUIT YER COMPLAININ'! . . .

OK, I don't think this qualifies as a real blog entry, but I haven't had much to say (believe it or not), and I've been harangued by all three of my loyal readers to write something. So courtesy of Snoozy, here's some more fun n' games:

(Oh wait, I DID have something to say: spring training has essentially started ... and Ralph Nader better get out of the picture or else we'll definitely be stuck with the Shrubbery for another four years. Shudder to think ...)

1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES?
Everyday: white and blue Corningware.
Special occasion: white Wedgewood.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
"Living History" by Hillary Rodham Clinton, as per Wonger's suggestion.

3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Work: Snoopy and Woodstock = I love them!
Home: some random computer company logo.

4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Scrabble. Especially when I play with people who try to cheat (my PASTOR) or try to add random prefixes onto everything (JWu, note that "uncurry" is not a word. Nor is "untaco." Nor is "de-un-pre-renew.").

5. FAVORITE MAGAZINES?
Marie Claire, New York Times Magazine, People.

6. FAVORITE SMELL
Coffee. Or kimchi jigae. Or my grapefruit body wash.

7. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP?
"How many more times can I snooze without being totally late to work?"

8. FAVORITE COLOR?
Red.

9. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?
Brown.

10. HOW MANY RINGS DOES IT TAKE BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
I don't like talking on the phone, so I'll usually let it go to voice mail, check the message, and return the call if I need to, or send an email later or wait to see the person face-to-face.

11. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
I'm not telling because (1) I don't want to jinx my uterus; and (2) there are people out there who will read this and then "innocently" forget and steal my name choices! Eh, call me a cynic ...

12. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
Believing in something and fighting for it.

13. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
Strawberry.

14. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
Er. Yes.

15. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No.

16. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?
Cool, unless you're driving in one. And even then, it's nominally cool.

17. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
The first car I ever drove: Volkswagen Jetta.
The first car I ever drove legally: 1989 Cadillac DeVille.
The first car I ever drove as really MINE: 2001 Toyota 4Runner.

18. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE?
Jimmy Carter.

19. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
Black Russian with Grey Goose.

20. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN & YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Scorpio. You don't need to know my birthday.

21. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
Yes, that's the best part!

22. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE?
FBI agent investigating crimes committed by Asian gangs, or crimes committed against women and children.

23. YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown.

24. EVER BEEN IN LOVE?
Oh yes.

25. FAVORITE MOVIE?
Three-way tie between: "The Sound of Music," "Bring It On" and "Schindler's List."

26. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
Not totally. My pinkies are horribly underutilized.

27. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
Drawers.

28. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
Baseball!

29. WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?
Being alone or being bored with life.

30. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS?
Snoozy can do everything and anything, be cheerful about it, and STILL raise two of the cutest little boys ever. Three if you count her husband.

31. FAVORITE CD?
Right now, Sarah McLachlan's "Afterglow."

32. FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Right now, "CSI" or "The Apprentice."

33. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD?
Ketchup.

34. HAMBURGERS OR HOT-DOGS?
Hot dogs.

35. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK
I don't really like soda, but if I REALLY need carbonation, I hit up the Diet Coke.

36. BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?
The top of Cadillac Mountain on a sunny spring morning after a long and arduous 4.5-hour hike.

37. PJs OR NIGHTGOWN?
PJ bottoms with a tank-top or long-sleeve shirt.

38. FAVORITE COMIC STRIP?
Snoopy.

No comments: