Saturday, March 20

WHAT I DID TODAY . . .

I didn't talk that much in the last eight hours even though I was constantly around friends, so I feel the need to express myself. However, I have nothing of earth-shattering interest to say, so I'll just tell you what I did today and you can continue reading if so inclined. Otherwise, you don't have to. =)

8:15am = meet Nance, the L'il Alien and JWu at Camp Capio before heading out with M&C and the Noodles to Teatown Reservation for their annual Pancake Breakfast. I am not normally a big fan of bread products, or breakfast bread products in particular, but this was quite fun (and good sausages!). It was like being at sleepaway camp. Although, if you believe what Nance says, camp is bad. Very very bad. So bad that M resolved never to send her children to sleepaway camp.

9:00am = embark on a leisurely hike/walk around Teatown Lake, hauling one of the Noodles in a Baby Bjorn. Oh, I'm sorry, allow me to clarify: wearing the HEAVIER Noodle in a Baby Bjorn. I didn't feel it then, but I'm feeling it now. As I mentioned to the gang earlier, I'm taking my massage costs out of MJ's college fund.

10:30am = head back to Camp Capio and watch the L'il Alien and the Noodles "play" with each other. It was more like they just kind of drooled in each others' general directions, although the Alien was getting QUITE grabby ... in a nice way, of course. We tried to spur him to crawl FORWARD this time, but neither JWu nor I are as great motivators as Jaime.

12:00pm = start a game of Scrabble, then urge C to make us food. Incidentally, I played very badly, but so did M's brother who insisted that "retap" was a word. It is not a word. It is less of a word than "untaco" or "lammo" could ever be.

1:15pm = the painful game of Scrabble over, we each find our spots in the ever-comfortable Camp Capio living room ... and fall asleep.

2:40pm = I reluctantly depart, grumpily rubbing the sleep from my eyes and trying to get my contact lenses to re-wet themselves. (I think re-wet is actually a word, or at least it is according to Bausch & Lomb). I had to do some errands, as well as run Good Girl to the body shop, for our snow-plowers negligently RAN their snowplow into Good Girl the other morning, pushing in her front right bumper so much that every time I make a left turn, the tire scrapes against the inside of the bumper, making a horrific (and embarrassing) noise. As C would say, Good Girl is now like Zoolander: she can't turn left. Sigh.

3:20pm = of course the auto body shop is closed. Of course this means I have to stop there at 6:30 in the morning on Monday before I head to work. Of course I'm going to sigh again.

And now I'm home, relaxing, trying to stretch my over-Noodled back before hopping in the shower and gussying up for Grand-Uncle's 70th birthday soiree. Family, friends and a bunch of old Korean cronies. THIS is going to be a good time ...

No comments: