Thursday, May 27

MY HEART IS FULL . . .

All it takes is one simple email -- "can you help me paint and move?" -- and I have an inbox full of replies:

"YES!"
"You don't even have to ask."
"Anything to promote your independence!"
"We'll be late but we'll be there."
"I'll be there early."
"I can't come on time, but I'll stay late."
"What else do you need?"
"I'll bring dollies and mover's blankets."
"I don't know how to paint, but I'll come hang out with you."
"All I want in payment is a cold bottle of beer."
"Here's a website that will tell you everything you need to know."
"Don't move the heavy stuff by yourself -- we're men, we can do it."

No other questions asked, no compensation requested, no resentment over less-than-glorious work or heavier-than-normal boxes.

Painting tonight, moving next Tuesday night ... with my generous team of crazy but reliable friends and family by my side ... my home is already blessed.

No comments: