Friday, June 25

FOR MEN? . . .

I got back from Care Group tonight -- another night of manic babies alternately weeping in misery and cackling hysterically in glee, WJZ speaking really really fast and putting me in more rhythmic trances, and eating too much -- and surfed the channel guide on my egregiously large television. Imagine the nerdy thrill that coursed through my entire being upon seeing the almighty words "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" scroll up the screen.

I immediately selected this channel, and discovered that "CSI" is being run in syndication ... on SPIKE: NETWORK FOR MEN.

I am sitting at home on a Friday night, watching SPIKE: NETWORK FOR MEN.

Sigh.

***

BLABBEDY-BLAB . . .

I love how men can't keep secrets.

Because of a man, I know a secret. You think it's your secret, but I know your secret. It's not a secret anymore, but I'm going to keep the secret. You're going to think I don't know your secret and you're going to think it's still a secret. But it's not a secret anymore.

And when the secret comes to light, I'm going to pretend I never knew the secret. Because that's just the way it needs to be sometimes.

I love it!

***

POST-SCRIPT . . .

"CSI" is over. I can switch away from SPIKE: NETWORK FOR MEN now.

Except that an advertisement just informed me that "CSI" runs five nights a week on SPIKE: NETWORK FOR MEN.

Oh, dear.

No comments: