Sunday, June 6

HOW FAR THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN . . .

Not that I purport to call myself mighty, but ...

I'm all moved in, and had a few of my lovely pals over to inaugurate my first evening at HOME with some pizza and yellow Fanta (which is VERY hard to find, and at this point, is the ONLY soda I will drink). I even swept and mopped the kitchen floor, which thankfully is quite minimal, and set out all my things: toiletries, soaps, lotions, etc. My home feels less like a hotel and more like a ... home.

But I'm still feeling kind of weak from my weekend of food abstinence, plus I think I'm constipating myself because of the fear of something running out of me when I go to do #2, so I thought I'd come back to my parents' place for some sympathy, to say a proper goodbye, drop off something of theirs, and pick up something of mine. And wouldn't you know it -- no one's home.

To top it all off, Cablevision dumped a messed-up cable modem on me, so I have no Internet access at my HOME yet ... so here I am in my parents' study, alone when I didn't want to be, checking my email and desperately blogging because I know I won't be able to when I go HOME. Well, at least I can scrounge their medicine cabinet for some cold tablets and cough drops. I think I'm coming down with something, damn weakened immune system.

Eh, there must be more to life than this ...

No comments: