Thursday, July 22

BOO-HOO . . .

The Human Rights Campaign has cut Margaret Cho from its lineup at a gay political bash in Boston set to coincide with the Democratic National Convention. The Campaign insists it's not censorship; rather, they didn't want to have to censor Margaret, so they just cut her.

That just sucks, and not only because Margaret is pretty damn funny.

But, she will be kicking off the State of Emergency World Tour in New York at the same time as the Republican National Convention. Wahoo!

***

LONGING FOR BED . . .

It's just one of those lazy days -- I can feel it already. I woke at 5:00am, snoozed once, snoozed twice, then finally lumbered into the shower to prepare myself to meet Camp Capio and take them to the airport. Why C thinks it takes more than an hour to get to LaGuardia is beyond me. Why C thinks it's going to take two hours for them to check in and get to the gate -- even with two babies and their accompanying luggage, including two very large and cumbersome car seats -- is beyond me. Why I thought I'd be late getting back to work is beyond me. But better to be safe than sorry, he always says. Rather, I always say that, but C borrowed the phrase for today.

There was less than no traffic on the road, even with construction on the Willis Avenue Bridge. Now I'm at work and it's only 8:00am. A looooong day looms ahead of me, and even after a jumbo cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee, I'm still droopy. I might have to crawl under my desk and take a nap in a few hours ...

But more importantly -- I have custody of Camp Capio's psuedo-minivan! Joyrides abound ... except I look and feel like a soccer-mom driving it. Ew.

***

THERE HE IS! . . .

Dennis Kucinich -- who is still officially a Democratic presidential candidate -- is going to throw his support to John Kerry during an appearance with him in Detroit.

Huh. I was wondering where Kucinich went.

No comments: