Tuesday, July 27

ENVY ME . . .

I now own Super Scrabble.

Oh yes, you heard me. SUPER. SCRABBLE.

We're talking BIGGER BOARD. We're talking MORE TILES. We're talking DIFFERENT TILE DISTRIBUTION. We're talking QUADRUPLE SCORING.

Oh yeah. You want to be me.

***

EXTRA BUTTER . . .

I hate to say it but steak when you have a cold is totally wasted. For one split second, when I took my first bite of medium rare petit filet mignon with salt & pepper and extra butter, I tasted it and it tasted SO SO SO GOOD. Oh yeah.

But then physiology set in once more and the nasal passages clogged right up. The taste of zinc tablets re-settled upon my tongue, and all that savory meat, all that creamy spinach, all that salty butter was for naught. Even my favorite Rosemount Shiraz seemed metallic and acidic, even though everyone else at the table swooned over its full-bodied sweet flavor.

Sigh. I hate an opportunity wasted.

***

DID I MENTION . . .

... that I now own SUPER SCRABBLE?

No comments: