Tuesday, August 10

$ .02 . . .

I do not think Kobe Bryant raped that woman in Colorado. I think she had consensual sex with him. I think she even liked it kinda rough, maybe, and got some bruises as a result. I think she went and had sex with someone else afterwards, thus the "other man's semen" in her panties. I think she thought she could get some bucks outta Kobe. I do not think Kobe is necessarily a great guy, but I do not see evidence that he is a date-rapist. The woman just filed a civil suit against Kobe, a mere 17 days before her criminal trial was supposed to start. I think the woman still thinks she can get money outta Kobe, and she probably will, because most civil suits -- particularly those against famous people who need to go to basketball camp soon -- reach settlement before they reach trial. God bless the law.

***

It's weird to me that two people can be the same age and have lived basically the same kinds of lives from birth to age 18, but still be so far apart in terms of emotional maturity, mental and social awareness, and basic life status. What happens along the way? So weird ...

***

I wish people would just TALK to each other. It's just easier.

***

Another marathon -- or maybe half-marathon -- practice session coming up. I might be in the minority on this stance, but ... I'M PSYCHED!!!!!

***

Cooking for one is tough. Nevertheless, I am intrepid. Therefore, I am making normal portions of anything I cook, and freezing what is not eaten. In this way, I shall discover, for better or for worse, what foods may properly be frozen and reheated later ... and which may not. I fear Korean food may not fare so well, but I've always been a risk-taker in secret ...

***

Dammit. I missed "The Amazing Race" this evening. Now there's really nothing to watch on television. Grrrrr.

***

I'm going to Nerd Camp this weekend. We're taking SuperScrabble, a deck of cards, Buh-Bo, and apparently also Lord of the Rings Monopoly to the Kennth Wilson State Park campground. We're also taking all manner of foods which might be too complicated for a campfire but who are we to turn down a culinary challenge? It's just not camping until you have tandoori chicken, rice, 2 kinds of Korean barbecue, lettuce and Kirby cukes dipped in spicy sauce, Spam and eggs and bagels. Yeah, I know. We're soooo weird.

No comments: