Tuesday, August 24

DOI . . .

I always end up reading fitness magazines at night, while I'm laying in bed. The articles and inspirational stories and healthy recipes make me want to get up out of bed at midnight and exercise and cook up a healthful meal. Then, since I don't, I lie awake for several minutes in the dark thinking, "I should eat better. I should run more. I should do more strength training. I should do yoga more than just once a week. I should center my core. I should drink more water. I should eat more fruit. I should buy a blender to make fruit smoothies. I should eat dinner at home more. I should use fresh, not dried, herbs. I should stretch longer." Of course, the smart thing would be to think "I should read fitness magazines in the daytime, so I can actually do something with this health advice." But no. That would be too easy.

No comments: