Tuesday, September 7

STICK A FORK IN ME . . .

30 + 30 = 60 went off with nary a hitch. Dinner went so smoothly, we didn't even see the bill! Jackson & Wheeler is a great place for drinks, appetizers, dessert and coffee, and they apparently have a pretty hopping night life, complete with live music ("hopping" by suburban standards, that is). The owners, Len and Mike, are simply superb human beings -- the type whose smiles are never wiped off their faces, whose tone of voice never changes, who remain at your beck and call, and who make you want to come back and have a wine at the bar while chatting with them for hours.

The food, however, is eh. Our supper dishes ran the gamut from inedibly salty to stultifyingly bland. That was too bad, actually. I wanted Soy and Dr.L to have an amazing culinary experience in my sleepy town. Oh well. We'll come back for drinks and dessert some day ... and to say "hey" to Len and Mike ...

***

TWINS-BEGONE! . . .

Kami and Karli are OFF "The Amazing Race."
Thank the Lord.

***

HIGH N' MIGHTY . . .

My bed is here! I don't have to sleep on a box spring and mattress resting on the floor like some pathetic post-college neophyte anymore! A real bed in a real house with a real me in it.

Perhaps, as Soy suggests, I shall sleep better from now on. Perhaps ...

Strangely, as I lay on it for the first time this evening, I felt an odd nostalgia for the "simpler" days, when I could sleep on the floor. Having this complete, dark hardwood bed frame makes me feel like I have to be grown-up, like I have to be responsible, like I have to ... I don't know. Like I just HAVE to.

It also doesn't help that I have to hop to get up on it.

No comments: