Thursday, October 21

IDLING . . .

I am so idle right now. I'm watching Audrey, the meteorologist on CBS News at 11, and noticing that she has very 50's-ish helmet hair. Weird. Just gave props to Banana for a seating arrangement well done. I do believe that is an art. You want people to have fun at your wedding, but if you put everyone with just their friends, then you inevitably end up with the "random person" table, and they know it. That's just not nice. Having all the wedding party at two tables is so cliche, and it's only by luck, anyway, that many of us in this wedding are already friends. You want the right people to be sitting near the bar (like I said, Banana did well). You want to mix ages and backgrounds, but make sure your guests are sitting with someone they can still talk to. So difficult, but as ever, Banana did a good job. Two snaps in a circle. I had a small box of orange juice for dinner, for I was still bloated and slightly gassy from my enormous linguine with garlic and oil lunch. ENORMOUS. And gassy. My TV stand was delivered this evening. It's much simpler than I thought it would be, but after five hours, it's like it was always here. I like it. Lots of storage space. My cookbooks finally have a home (don't ask why my cookbooks are in my media unit. They just are.). My living room does look ultra-Korean now, at least when you're looking at the unit head-on. Must be the low profile, the enormous television, the chrome-toned electronics and the bamboo plant. I like it though. It's me. People may not think so, but it's totally me. I don't know what to do with myself. I have a very busy day -- weekend -- ahead of me, and I should be going to sleep so I can get an early start, but ... why is there no baseball on television? Why am I not watching an eleven-inning game with one eye barely open? Oh right. The season is over for the Yankees. Riiiight. Omma told me that she picked up my birthday present today: a Callaway Big Bertha 7-wood, the beautiful one with the humongous shiny metallic blue titanium head. Titanium. The frames of my glasses are titanium. I think. Or some other really light-weight metal. I better hit the ball better, the head is so big. I'd be a fool if I missed my shots with this huge thing. Gary Sheffield just spoke the phrase "the situation we was in." Sigh. Boston and St. Louis in the World Series. For the next ten days, I am a Cardinals fan, for I want to see Boston crash and burn as never before. I worked out, vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, threw out all my garbage and recycling. I rolled the three pounds of cold cuts and cubed the four packages of cheese for us to chomp down between camera shots. They, along with mini-gherkins, Wheat Thins, brie and two bottles of champagne, merely await transport into JKA's capable hands. I've packed for my brief night in Hackeysack with Soy-o-rama. I wrote a precise list of everything I need to do tomorrow. Now I'm here. Idle. I'm so idle.

No comments: