Saturday, November 6

CUTE . . .

I find it strangely endearing that Brittany Murphy, the actress, lives with her mom.

***

SING IT, CHER . . .

If I could turn back time, I wouldn't do the big things over again. I wouldn't prevent war or famine or evil dictators. I wouldn't head off the Ice Age or stop the crucifixion of my Christ. I wouldn't try out a different college or law school or job experience. I wouldn't make different friends or travel to different places. I wouldn't even make Kerry President of the United States ... though I might be tempted.

I would, however, carefully and methodically undo every purposeful or inadvertent hurt I have ever imposed upon anyone. I would clear up every misunderstanding and ward off every potential misunderstanding. I would take back and choke down every word I spoke against a human being. I would bind my hands and shut my mouth and un-scowl my eyes so that I would never harm another person. I would anticipate every need and fill in every gap so that no one who comes into contact with me would leave me feeling empty or bereft. I would speak only kindness, do only good, meet every standard of trust, and live my life in a way that gave honor and shone light upon Christ and no one else.

***

COCKLES, BE WARMED! . . .

Sometimes, a softly, privately spoken word of kindness, affection and congratulations is greater, weightier, more meaningful and more loving than a big to-do in front of everyone.

Don't you think?

Thanks to you, for I am much encouraged and vastly cheered.

No comments: