Friday, November 26

IT BE FRIDAY . . .

And despite extreme leftover food coma, my brain still seems to be functioning largely as normal, so here we go again ...

What is your favorite...
1. ...meal?
There's nothing better in the world than what you can get at home, if your mom can cook like my mom, but as far as home-cooking goes, I like to go old-style-Korean-ghetto. Hook me up with some steaming white rice, thick and spicy kimchi jigae with slices of juicy pork swimming around in it, and a fried egg with the yolks broken. OH YEAH.

2. ...dessert? I am not a big dessert fan, but if you were to twist my arm, I would offer up a close tie between C's ginger snap ice cream with humongous soft chunks of ginger snap cookies and crystallized ginger ... or a small, hot slab of syrupy pecan pie with a perfectly round scoop of cinnamon-vanilla ice cream on the side, melting all over the hot dessert plate.

3. ...vegetable or side dish? I love almost all vegetable side dishes ... Korean zucchini rounds, creamed spinach and steamed asparagus round out my top three.

4. ...comfort food? See #2. Then add Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, with chopped onions and peas and a generous dash of cracked black pepper, as a close second place.

5. ...cookie? Errrr ... can I say my own? Cranberry-toffee-chocolate-oatmeal. Soft and warm. Uh-huh.

No comments: