Friday, December 3

PAT ON MY ACHING BACK . . .

It is done. Thirty-five Christmas cards, hand-addressed and stamped. I have about ten more "maybe" recipients on my Christmas card list, but those will have to wait until another purposeful evening.

It is done. Broccoli sliced and steamed. Cheese melted, milk warmed. Artichoke hearts quartered and drained. Mushrooms sliced and reduced. Spinach thawed and squeezed dry. Three casserole pans filled and ready for baking for Sunday's birthday fete at NHF.

It is done. Two sinkfuls of dishes, pots and pans washed and racked into the dishwasher to dry. Countertops washed and wiped dry. Stovetop scrubbed and swiped clean. Ingredients put away.

It is done. Two Christmas packages packed, taped and addressed, ready to be carried out to the car and delivered unto the United States Postal system. Damn, I wish I had toys like those I'm sending when I was little.

It is done. Living room storage closet organized. Less-often-used items boxed and hoisted to the top shelf. Handbags corraled inside a larger tote. Sleeping bag and camping items amassed together. Extra paper products for those long Super-Scrabble nights stacked and shelved.

It is done. Two loads of laundry folded, three shopping lists written and re-written, replies sent to two important emails, checkbook balanced, calendar updated, my weekend timetable set.

Finally, I put my feet up to watch more reruns of "CSI:". And I realize there is one thing I have not yet done.

Pending. Redemption of gift certificate to the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa.

I'll have to update my calendar again.

No comments: