Saturday, January 8

ON THE GO . . .

A very productive day, indeed. Very productive.
Of course, now I'm pooped.

***

IT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY . . .

What is your favorite...
1. ...Music style?
I honestly do enjoy most styles of music, even if hearing it for the first time, with the great exception of heavy metal. I just don't get it, and my ears just can't tolerate it. It annoys me and gives me a headache. Barring that, I'm all over jazz, gospel, rock n' roll, classic rock, folk, classical, vocal, Broadway, pop/Top 40 (although most of that annoys me too), Motown, R&B, rap, anything guitar and/or piano-heavy, etc.

2. ...Popular song? Right now? Hmmm ... I'd have to go with "Yahweh," track #11 off of U2's latest, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." Close runners-up are ... John Mayer's entire album "Heavier Things" ... Gwen Stefani's "Harajuku Girls" ... Madonna's "Live to Tell."

3. ...Movie song? "This Woman's Work," by Kate Bush, from "He Said/She Said," starring Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern. Side note: I saw this movie in the theater with my parents. That was a weird experience for reasons I can't recall right now, but I do remember that it was weird. And my parents thought it was the stupidest movie they had ever seen, except for "The Marrying Man," starring Alec Baldwin and Kate Basinger, which I also saw with my parents in the theater and THAT was awkward because there was just a lot of romping sex in the movie, and really, I shouldn't have had to have endured that with my parents sitting right next to me. Sigh.

4. ...Showtune? Tied for most favorite: most of the female vocal-heavy tunes from "Chess": "Someone Else's Story," "Nobody's Side," "Heaven Help My Heart," and "I Know Him So Well." Sob. Gets me every time.

5. ...Guilty pleasure? (group, artist or song) Without a doubt, N*Sync and Justin Timberlake. I don't know what it is, but I just can't turn away from them/him.

You know, I've noticed ... I can't pick a favorite. For each question asked of me, I have like eight. Or I treat it like a Miss America pageant and add runners-up. What a dork!

No comments: