Thursday, April 21

YUM . . .

Even in the middle of mourning, my stomach growls. Oh, how my body betrays me! Red velvet cake: who am I to say no? And an opportune reminder as well ... it's next up on my list of Cakes to Attempt.

Yummy.

***

NINE DAYS . . .

Nine days left until Team NHF Fights Cancer pounds the pavement to raise funds for cancer research. Support me or my team.

***

DANG . . .

I wish it was Friday already.

***

TWO YOOTS . . .

Running in my head, nonstop, for the last two days: "Pass the Dutchie," by Musical Youth.

Pass the dutchie on the left-hand side.

ARGH!

***

READING . . .

"In the Absence of Sun: A Korean American Woman's Promise to Reunite Three Lost Generations of Her Family," by Helie Lee.

It makes me cry. It makes my heart clench. It makes me think of my family, my aunt, my dad, my grandmother, my deepest, darkest wish to venture out and glue my family back together again and fill in the big gaping hole upon whose precipitous edge we constantly stand ...

No comments: