Friday, May 6

BRILLIANT! . . .

So, you know how Senator Bill Frist wants to bar filibuster on Republican judicial nominees that come before the U.S. Senate? (What a dumbo -- they want to change all the rules when it's convenient for them, huh?)

Well, I don't normally tout the accomplishments of other Ivies, because I am a Lion snob at heart, but I must give two snaps in a circle to the brilliant kids at Princeton for filibustering Frist himself.

And the best part? They are doing this in front of the Frist Campus Center, financed by a $25-million gift from Senator Frist and his family. Brilliant, I say! UTTERLY BRILLIANT. Since April 26th, they've been standing in front of the Frist Center, reading all manner of materials day and night, rain and shine, wind and cold and chill, through heckling and derision, but mostly with lots of campus and area support.

It just gets better and better: they have a blog and a webcam for our viewing pleasure!

I think I just died and went to student activism heaven.

No comments: