Tuesday, September 13

ARE YOU STUPID?! . . .

From today's New York Times, this story with an opening paragraph that made my brain explode and ooze out my ears ...

"WAKEMAN, Ohio, Sept. 12 (AP) - Sheriff's deputies found 11 children locked in cages less than three-and-a-half feet high inside a home, but the adult couple living in the home denied that they had abused or neglected the children, the authorities said Monday."

***

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE . . .

I just learned that EVERY YEAR, at the Hollywood Bowl in California, there is a "Sound of Music" Sing-a-Long"!!!!

If ever there was a reason for me to move to Los Angeles, THIS IS IT, BABY!

***

DON'T FORGET . . .

Katrina is long gone, and now we're onto the letter P ... but I just read a story today about some truly overlooked victims: those suffering from HIV/AIDS. These folks are now left without treatment, medicine, counseling ... don't forget them in your prayers or in your donations.

***

I'M A MASOCHIST . . .

It's like I just can't get enough, but at this point in my life, I can't ignore the reality that breast cancer will not be preventable or curable without the inclusion of our very best efforts to aid research and support groups. So, I'm running in the Susan G. Komen 5k Race for the Cure Run/Walk, in two weeks in Central Park.

Please give, if you can, if you will, to our team: "New Hope for a Cure."

No comments: