Tuesday, September 20

SHE REMINDS ME . . .

Finally, she's up! My sister in L.A. has discovered La Land of Blog. And in the process reminds me of one of my first forays into this weird and mysterious world known as The Internet...

10 years ago I:
1. was watching the C.o.S. apply to law school and thinking, "yeah, I gotta get on that."
2. started working on my senior thesis with my beloved Sam.
3. was staying up late, hanging with my floor, instead of working on my senior thesis.

5 years ago I:
1. started my last year of law school.
2. was just starting to think that Boston might be an alright sort of place to live.
3. realized that in nine months, I was never ever going to be a student again, most likely. Oh, the trauma!

1 year ago I:
1. began my last year at the courthouse, the only professional home I had ever known.
2. was really sleepy from staying up late, running around all the time, and having a blast doing anything and everything under the sun.
3. had been living in my own home for three months.

Yesterday I:
1. fell asleep in the sun.
2. knit a large chunk of this baby blanket I have been working on for-evah.
3. read and journalled at Border's and overheard an SAT tutoring session. Good times.

Today I:
1. drank some delicious coffee. If there's one thing I do well, it's make damn good coffee ... even if it's a touch on the sludgy side.
2. will hang with the Goober while the Alien heads to school with his mom.
3. will read and journal at Border's again, in the hopes of overhearing more bizarre conversations.

Tomorrow I will:
1. run a multitude of errands with Omma.
2. spend some quality time with loved ones.
3. fall asleep in the sun.

5 top locations I'd like to run away to:
1. Block Island
2. British Columbia or the Canadian Rockies
3. London
4. Acadia National Park
5. some place warm and dry, with lots of hiking and beautiful scenery.

5 things I'd do with $1000:
1. make another mortgage payment (I know, I'm so boring).
2. buy as many books as possible from Amazon.com.
3. invest it for Cheech and my parents.
4. buy some serious art and get it seriously framed.
5. spend a week on Block Island.

5 bad habits I have:
1. jumping to conclusions
2. interrupting people when they talk
3. being overly type-A when I don't have to be
4. worry and anxiety
5. falling asleep in the sun

5 TV shows I like:
1. Ellen
2. CSI
3. Without a Trace
4. Alias
5. Lost

5 biggest joys at the moment:
1. having the temporal luxury to spend as much time as I want with good friends
2. the deck upon which I can fall asleep in the sun
3. church
4. email, for it allows me to keep in touch with those I love but don't see all the time
5. impending autumn

No comments: