Monday, October 31

HERE I AM! . . .

Today, I am thirty years old.

Today, my life begins.

Today, I stop being a twenty-something idealist, trying to learn how to make her way through a less than ideal world.
Today, I start being a thirty-something idealist, making her way through a less than ideal world.
Today, I stop being that cute young thing with big dreams and lofty goals.
Today, I start being that serious beautiful woman who fulfills big dreams and achieves lofty goals.
Today, I stop being viewed as a child, treated like a novice, ignored by "the adults."
Today, I start being taken seriously, given professional credence, heard by my peers.

Today, I step out with confidence I didn't have even twenty-four hours ago.
Today, I commit myself with renewed vigor to my passions, the things that speak to my heart.
Today, I examine my friendships and relationships and resolve to be better, more loving, more careful, more caring, more attentive, more giving, more taking.
Today, I begin to demand respect and attention ... and start to behave in ways that merit both.
Today, I leave behind my childhood, my training, my apron strings.
Today, I head out into womanhood, competence, independence, a life of faith.

Today, my life begins.
Hooray for today!

No comments: