Wednesday, November 23

I AM TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY PMS-ING . . .

Thus, I am going to say the following two things. Sprinkle grains of salt as necessary, and check back with me later, when my hormones have stopped doing their I'm-going-to-turn-you-into-not-you-for-a-little-bit-just-to-make-you-and-everyone-around-you-crazy-and-yes-you're-going-to-cry-over-everything-and-make-a-big-deal-over-totally-inconsequential-things thing.

1. I feel like the clock is taunting me. Do you ever feel like the clock is taunting you, either in how excruciatingly sloooooow it moves, or how head-spinningly fast it ticks? Yeah, I'm totally being taunted by time.

2. For the first time in my life, I am dreading Thanksgiving because I feel like The Family Failure. I am yet unmarried, I am still unemployed, I have no grand prospects for either on the near horizon, I am not even at home to help Omma prep for our turkey-less meal (did I tell you about the day we discovered -- over thirty years into my parents' life here in the States -- that nobody in our family likes turkey so why the hell were we slaving over it every year if no one actually wanted to eat it?) although I will be heading over plenty early with armfuls of desserts and side dishes. And on top of all that, I am planning on not staying over Thursday night at home because I made tentative plans with a close friend to meet up after our respective family dinners. That's going to go over real big at home. Baa, baa, black sheep.

No comments: