Friday, November 4

JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH . . .

Sometimes, when there is just too much on my mind, on my heart, and I can't parse through them coherently to relate them to those who care about me ... I turn to quizzes and other fun things that still stimulate my mind. Thanks to The Unlimited Mood and all who came before her, some good times for one with a sore throat and sleepy eyes on a Friday evening in New York ...

(P.S.: I am still relatively new to the World of La Blog. Can someone fill me in as to what a "meme" is? Sigh. I'm such a novice.)


01. When I was young... I read books more than I socialized with people, and I was generally a holy terror, albeit a very obedient one. That's the worst kind, isn't it? Smirk!

02. Although I love... looking at and playing with and being around large dogs, I will probably never own or be able to actually take care of one.

03. If I had the time...I would spend it all with those I want to be around the most, no matter what the clock read.

04. I almost... didn't go to the law school I went to. My life would not be my life right now. SHUDDER.

05. Contrary to the belief here in the Xangaworld... errr ... this ain't run off of Xanga, y'all.

06. I LIVE to... love friends and family, serve God, do justice, eat, giggle uncontrollably, entertain and be entertained, cook up a storm (very neatly, natch), read incessantly, make the world a better place.

07. I think it all started... when my crazy parents birthed me and dared to encourage me with "be loud and be proud." I prefer to think I'm all their fault, hee hee.

08. I immersed myself in... books, food, church, family, late nights with friends, Marlboro Lights 100s. And I have no regrets. Not even about those tasty Marlboro Lights 100s.

09. As some of you know... my bitchiness and hardness is a big fat front.

10. Although I... appear to be what I appear to be, you just have to look deeper to see what I actually am.

11. Besides home... what? As if. Oh alright, twist my arm: Block Island.

12. Although I love... driving, I don't love other drivers.

13. I LOVE... this amazingly blessed and full and hopeful life He has given me.

14. I actually LOVE... driving in Manhattan.

15. An overwhelming desire to do the right thing ... motivates everything I do and say, and when I fail in this, I feel every moment and instance of it like a boning knife twisting in my gut.

16. My favorite books in the Bible are... Psalms and the Gospel of Mark.

17. Perhaps it's due to... my epiphany in 9th grade, but I refuse to give into my own social awkwardness if I can help it.

18. I was once... highly immature, deeply insecure, incredibly shallow and stupidly naive. Work in progress, I suppose.

19. I know... some, but not nearly enough.

20. I am currently learning... how to show grace to others without needing to receive it from them first, realizing that I have His grace to give, and His grace is enough.

No comments: