Saturday, December 10

DOUBLE TROUBLE . . .

Is "snarfing" the correct terminology? That just reminds me of all the times I regurgitated food through my nose. Ick. But thanks to The Unlimited Mood for some fun. (Speaking of fun, I just got back from helping my mom clean up during a get-together of my parents' dearest and oldest friends. Dang, they are a HOOT and a HALF! Ain't nuthin' like a house full of Korean folks who go waaaaay back, so far back that all pretense of honorific speech and boundaries of decency have long been tossed to the wayside, and everyone treats each other like brothers and sisters (sometimes even abusing each other as such). It's so joyful to watch!)

Two Names You Go By
1. Cha.
2. Is there any other? Occasionally, people will call me by my real name, or some variation thereof, but Cha really just says it all.

Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. Korean.
2. Spanish / Russian / American (I'm really only the American part, but something about the Spanish and the Russian really move my soul, and I hope they don't mind me adopting their culture and heritage).

Two Things That Scare You
1. Clowns.
2. The prospect, however unlikely, of being abandoned by loved ones.

Two Everyday Essentials
1. My Bible.
2. My eyelash curler.

Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now
1. Knee-high wool argyle socks: soooo warm, but I think they're starting to cut off circulation at my knees.
2. The softest, most comfortable J.Crew corduroys.

Two of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists
1. David Crowder (and Band)
2. Jason Mraz

Two Things You Want in a Relationship
1. Honest laughter.
2. Honest everything else, too.

Two Truths
1. I'm nothing without Jesus, and I try to live every day for Him. I try.
2. I'm still discovering who I am, and I think -- I think -- I'm liking me.

Two Things You Hate (or at least really dislike)
1. Not being listened to, when I really need to be listened to.
2. Seeing evil manifest in humanity ... and myself.

Two Physical Features That Appeal to You
1. A warm smile.
2. Strong shoulders.

Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
1. Reading.
2. Cooking / baking.

Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. A fulfilling, meaningful, helpful, productive, conscientious, challenging, interesting career.
2. A loving, loyal, trustworthy, strong, intelligent, hilarious, faithful, never complacent husband.

Two Places You Want to Go on Vacation (other than visiting family)
1. Block Island.
2. London.

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. Write a book.
2. Enact meaningful change for the benefit of my community.

Two Ways That You Are Stereotypically a Chick
1. I try to have a bag / purse / tote for every occasion.
2. Does this count? I like to cook and feed my friends and family to show them I love them. Hmmm ... maybe that's just stereotypically "mom."

Two Things You Normally Wouldn’t Admit
1. I suffer incredibly severe bouts of insecurity and self-doubt.
2. Being independent is hard.

No comments: