Monday, December 19

I HATE THE INTERNET . . .

Gasp! Did I ever think those words would ever come out of my mouth? That I would ever think them? That I would ever publish them into the permanence of cyberspace?

But it's true. The worst part about the Internet is -- aside from the fact that it has no facial expressions or inflections, thus allowing the reader of anything to guess at the emotional intent behind a word, a phrase, a sentence, a paragraph, an entire email, and further allowing that reader's human nature to become her own enemy and shout into the recesses of her brain every insecurity and untruth possibly known to her -- that once you send an email, you can't take it back. You just can't. And so you wait and wait and wait and refresh and refresh and refresh and check and check and check for that reply in your evil email inbox that you both need so much and dread more than the apocalypse itself.

The Internet sucks, it really does.

(Oh wait. I suck too, for throwing into the Internet things which I can't take back, and really, irrational, emotionally unstable and ever-reactive people like me just should not be allowed to email.)

No comments: