Thursday, January 19

IT'S ALIVE! . . .

Gurgle gurgle gurgle.

After one and a half days of near-suffocation, I am breathing the Internet life again from the comfort of my own home. Sad. I wish, I really do, that I wasn't so reliant upon the Internet. Damn the cable company. Hooch is right -- they are evil, and they toy with my emotions and my mental health. Gurgle gurgle gurgle.

On the other hand, there was a sick sense of adventure to be had in gallivanting all over the lower part of the state trying to find a WiFi hotspot. I'll be damned if some Starbucks outlets are letting their connections slide. Don't they know we are in a state of unconnected emergency?!?!

And as always, in a time of crisis (and don't laugh -- if this happened to you, you would consider it a crisis too and you know it), New Yorkers pull together and have a good laugh. Thanks to all of you who shared your power outlets and fun blackout stories with me while we commiserated about the severity of our Internet-withdrawal shakes. I hope your food hasn't rotted too much.

No comments: