Tuesday, February 7

FIGHTING A COLD . . .

And totally NOT self-inspired, so here's a questionnaire to occupy my muddled thoughts:

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says.
"But he said to them, 'Do not detain me,..."

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
Nothing but air.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
An iTunes downloaded episode of "Monk," from the fourth season.

4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is.
1:12a.

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
Not bad: 1:11a.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
A friend washing his hands in the bathroom.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
An hour ago, returning from "Nanny McPhee."

8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
The Unlimited Mood -- thanks for the inspiration.

9. What are you wearing?
Grey yoga pants, lavender camisole, dark grey cardigan, and a rubber-band in my hair.

10. Did you dream last night?
Several times, about cooking, about eating sushi, about decorating and painting a friend's house, ...

11. When did you last laugh?
A few minutes ago, when my friend made a funny.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Three framed Kandinsky prints: "Untitled," "Counter-Gravitation," and "Frolicher Aufstieg (Merriment Rising)."

13. Seen anything weird lately?
Always, for my attention is drawn to weirdness. Most recently: a video display at the movie theater of cartoon popcorn popping. It was mesmerizing; I literally stopped mid-sentence to stare at it with my mouth open ("ooooh, look at the popcoooooooorrrrrrn") and I literally had to be led away from the screen.

14. What is the word most often used in your vocabulary?
"Oh, crrrrrrap."

15. What is the last film you saw?
"Nanny McPhee." One of the most charming, sweetest, warmest movies I've seen in recent memory.

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
A condo for my parents. Then, Cheech's medical school tuition. Then I'd get to work on the list of books I've been wanting to read. And then a new Springform pan so I can make square cheesecakes. And then ... a pair of J.Crew jeans.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I have an Oscar award acceptance speech all written out and ready to go.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would it be?
Make everyone receptive to at least hearing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

19. Do you like to dance?
Oh yes. Yes, indeed.

20. Do you like to sing?
Oh yes, very much.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Madeleine.

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Micah.

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I never thought I would, but more and more, the thought is not repulsive to me ... but I am a baby. I would prefer to go to an English-speaking country (my "native" England always beckons), or someplace where the language will be easy for me to pick up: Russia, Spain, or Italy.

No comments: