Monday, March 27

BRAIN ACTIVITY . . .

Just this morning, I thought to myself, "Man, I had a great week last week. A GREAT WEEK." And I thought, "I should blog about what a GREAT week I had last week, how superb it was, how great it was, how perfect it was." But I ran out of time before I headed out for church this afternoon, and so I didn't.

And now, I'm thinking, "Already, I can tell that this week is not going to be as great. It might not even be remotely good. It could be downright bad." It's amazing what a difference seven days can make.

Which leads me to other thoughts.

"These are not right thoughts to be thinking. They are neither beneficial for me or for the ones about whom I am thinking."

"These are thoughts from Satan, trying to get me down, trying to make me second-guess and doubt the good things and the good people in my life."

"But maybe not. Maybe they are thoughts from God, warnings that I relied too much on the goodness of external things and not enough on the internalness of Him dwelling in me. I made other things more sufficient for me than Him."

"But no. God wouldn't want me to be thinking the things I am now, would He? Or at least He would speak to me in a more loving and constructive and not demeaning manner, right?"

"Yes, this is definitely the enemy trying to drag me down and move my eyes off of God and off of the goodness God puts in my life."

"Regardless. What if these thoughts, no matter who plants them in my brain, are real and this week is going to suck and I'm going to be down and depressed and sad and feeling unloved, not special, alone in the world? The bottom line is, that sucks."

"Get a hold of yourself, woman! Stop going around in circles! Let God take control of your thoughts and give you rest! Stop wallowing! Stop imagining! Stop creating situations and speaking conversations that do not yet, if ever they will, exist! Just shut your brain up! For heaven's sake, go to bed!"

Thinking. Nobody ever tells you what a dangerous thing it is.

No comments: