Wednesday, May 3

WAKING, WAKING . . .

I've been too tired and sick and fuzzy-brained lately to come up with anything original. Thanks to The Unlimited Mood for some lack-of-blogging relief.

1) How old do you wish you were?
Actually, I'm kind of enjoying my current 30. It's the perfect age for feeling all grown-up, and still allowing a bit of early-20s-ish mania now and then.

2) Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I was at my eighth day of work at the federal courthouse. I had just watched, on my judge's television, the second hijacked plane fly into Tower 1, when a U.S. Marshal came into chambers to hustle all of us out of the building. What an introduction to public service ...

3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
At work, Hooch and I used to leave firmly-worded notes for the vendor guy. When the notes went ignored, we would call the vending machine company, and then ultimately the soda companies, to get our money back, or at least a coupon. I don't think I've tried to buy vending-machine soda since I left Hooch's company.

4) Do you consider yourself kind?
Once in a long while, but not enough. In fact, I'm often ashamed of how unkind I often can be, and am.

5) What did you eat for breakfast today?
An English muffin with butter and raspberry jam, one egg over-easy, and a cup of English breakfast tea.

6) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
The small of my back. Peek-a-boo!

7) If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Russian.

8) Do you know your neighbors?
Yes, on a "hi, how are you?" basis.

9) What do you consider a vacation?
That depends on my mood. I enjoy the full gamut of vacationing, from a mere long car ride; to a sunny place of peace and quiet with a good book and good coffee, preferably near a large body of water that I don't necessarily have to enter; to a raucous girl-fest with my best ladies and some red wine; to an educational and busy jaunt through museums, libraries, cathedrals, old pubs and stylish cafes.

10) Do you follow your horoscope?
No.

11) Would you move for the person you loved?
Depending on so many things, yes.

12) Are you touchy feely?
Yes, but I try to be sensitive about it. Still, sometimes, it's just fun to hug Mr. Safety to watch him squirm. Hee.

13) Do you believe that opposites attract?
Yes, but I wonder at the permanency and depth of the attraction.

14) Dream job?
Non-fiction author ... federal prosecutor ... caterer ... event planner. Do I have to pick just one? (Does this mean I am without direction in my life, or simply that I am a woman of many tastes and abilities? I prefer the latter, natch.)

15) Favorite channel(s)?
Bravo, The Food Network, USA and TBS for reruns, ABC for "Lost" and "Alias."

16) Why do people always delete questions out of these?
Haha, you got me. Obviously, it's because I don't want to give up the information requested.

17) Favorite place to go on weekends?
My secret cafe; Bed Bath & Beyond (sad but true); any bookstore; church; then home.

18) Showers or Baths?
Showers. Who's got time to clean the bathtub thoroughly enough to feel safe sitting in it?

19) Do you paint your nails?
Only my toenails. I can't breathe when my fingernails are painted.

20) Do you trust people easily?
Absolutely not. This is both a blessing and a curse, but mostly a curse. Do not be like me in this.

21) What are your phobias?
Clowns and birds.

22) Do you want kids?
Yes.

23) Do you keep a handwritten journal?
Yes.

24) Where would you rather be right now?
In bed.

25) Who makes you feel guilty?
People I've wronged ... and people who don't know what it is to let a wrong be covered, then erased, by grace.

26) Heavy or light sleep?
Light. Waaaaay too light.

27) Are you paranoid?
Oh, totally.

28) Are you impatient?
Yes.

29) Who can you relate to?
A couple of girlfriends, Boboma, my mother.

30) How do you feel about interracial couples?
Why is this even a question? How am I supposed to be feel about interracial couples? I don't think about them, just like I don't think about same-race couples.

31) Have you been burned by love?
Yes.

32) What's your life motto?
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

33) What's your ringtone on your phone?
It's set to a standard, but the standard on my particular phone is really ugly-sounding and I hate it. Plus, the phone is new, so I never recognize my own ringtone. Oh, the post-modern blues.

34) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Watching an episode of "Monk."

35) What did the last text message on your phone say?
I can't recall the last time I got a text message.

36) Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Mine. Hee-hee.

37) What color shirt are you wearing?
Black.

38) Most recent movie that you watched?
"V for Vendetta."

39) Name three things that you have on you at all times.
My watch, Burt's Bees lip balm, and my perfume.

40) How much cash do you have on you right now?
Well, I just got paid for a day of kid-watching, so ... scads!

41) What's your favorite town/city?
NEW YORK CITY.

42) I can't wait to (til):
Work time is over and we can play.

43) Who got you to join myspace?
Myspace scares me (and it should scare you too); you'll never find me on it.

44) What did you have for dinner last night?
Homemade spaghetti with sausages, spinach, red peppers and zucchini in a thick sweet n' spicy sauce.

45) When do you wanna get married?
Last year.

46) Who is the last person you spent $50 on?
I spent close to it for a recent baby shower, but more accurately, Boboma.

47) Do you have an air freshener in your car?
Ew, no. Do you ever notice that air fresheners don't freshen the air?

48) Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Always: my knees, my shoulders, my temples, and my lower left back.

49) If you could choose, how would you pass on?
Oh, how morbid! I would choose to pass on as God would have me pass on.

50) Any sex today?
Nope.

51) Do you miss anyone?
Hayoung.

52) Do you like revenge?
Sigh. Yes, yes I do.

53) Know how to swim?
Barely. I can probably keep myself afloat for about seven minutes. Beyond that ... glug, glug, glug. Rose has given up.

54) Do you know how to skate?
Hahaha! Don't make me laugh.

55) Did you do sports in high school?
Totally not. I was a music nerd.

56.) If you could have one wish come true, what would it be?
There are too many, but the biggest one of all of my big wishes: that all people would come to know Jesus, and in doing so, that the world would be healed of all of its suffering and injustice, and that all of us would come to love each other deeply and treat each other with mercy and compassion.

No comments: