Monday, June 5

AUNTIE . . .

The nice thing about girlfriends who have no sisters is that when they have babies, I get to be an Imo -- mother's sister, "aunt," in Korean.

"Aunt" is nice. Who doesn't want to be an "aunt"? (You play with the kid, then give it back to its parents and you can take yourself home for a great night's sleep.) And my heart just melts when I hear the little runts squawking at me, "Aunt Cha! Aunt Cha!"

But there's something about "Imo" that is particularly ... I dunno. Warm. Perhaps it's because I am so close to my own blood Imo and feel so much affection for her -- she's a great lady, and a hoot to be around. I want to be exactly that kind of Imo to all my little 'nieces' and 'nephews'.

So far, just my two girls out in L.A. call me Imo ... but I got me another one on the way! How many more little boys can NHF handle? Countless, I'm sure ... as long as we can give them back to their parents when it's time to go home!

CHEEKY GRIN.

Thank you, JKA and Mr. Safety, for my nephew! I will make sure to wash my hands and don a haz-mat suit before touching him.

No comments: