Tuesday, November 7

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY . . .

Meet the newest member of the family:


Pipsqueak Baby Mumble Shuffle Cha.
We call him Pip.
He's cute.
Apple is brilliant.

***

NIP IT IN THE BUTT . . .

So I was sitting at Starbucks over the weekend and had a Mabel moment: a 5-year-old boy was playing with his younger brother and some Starbucks stickers. At one point, the little brother became a bit too rowdy with the stickers, so the 5-year-old declared, "He's crazy as an ox!"

The mother's head flipped up: "WHAT?"

"Crazy as an ox. He's crazy as an ox!"

It was all I could do to keep my soy chai latte from leaping out of my mouth onto the table in front of me.

Post-script: When the mother tried to pack up her kids to leave, the 5-year-old declared in protest, "I've only been here a muffin and a half!"

Brilliance is everywhere.

No comments: