Monday, April 16

SHATTERING . . .

Thirty-three people is a lot of people to shoot. Virgina Tech went up in pop-pop-pop's today, and it looked devastating on the television screen. The mind bends and wobbles to imagine what the devastation might have been in real life.

I don't know why things like this happen. I think I do: too-easy access to guns? Mentally-imbalanced people who aren't treated adequately? Children who weren't loved 'rightly' and grow up full of hate? People just don't have morals? Folks react in anger too quickly? Violent video games train malleable minds? But I don't really know.

What I do know is that God's heart breaks. This awful thing, too, is something that is inexplicably within His plan for this world, and I can't explain that either. But I accept it, and I accept also that He is too compassionate to do anything but grieve and cry, too, and want SO MUCH for people just to love each other and stop hurting each other.

Resolved: I'm going to try harder to love others and stop hurting people. It beats devastation.

No comments: